Wednesday, May 20, 2009

current obsession




My current obsession is on the tudors court. It is a well known fact that I will change my obsession from time to time. LOL. Since I had nothing to do last week I finally felt like watching the movie the Other Boleyn Girl. It was AWESOME. Since Sal has books by Philippa Gregory I borrowed from her the Virgin's lover. 


  After reading the book I decide to learn more about the tudors family and sooooo I went to Amcorp Mall and bought the two seasons of the Tudors and also movies Elizabeth acted by Cate Blanchett. At least I have something beneficial to do this holiday. Hehe. Although belum start cuti.

My favourite characters are definitely mother-daughter Anne Boleyn and Queen Elizabeth I. Although Anne Boleyn was publicly beheaded I still adored her for being ambitious. She was considered 'different'. Her dark looks, sexual magnetism, wit and intelligence attracted the King. She dared to argue and answer back to King Henry. She was definitely 'different'.

Queen Elizabeth I is strongly associated with the Golden age where England becomes a true world economic and political power. She restored the country's lost sense of national pride. She did consider many proposals and her closest to marriage is Robert Dudley. However, she never married or had children. 

'I do not want a husband who honours me as a queen, if he does not love me as a woman' (Queen Elizabeth I, 1572).

When I was watching the season finale of Gossip Girl last week I got really excited as Blair (who is my favourite character) talked about the two characters that I like.. Hehe. 

Blair to Jenny: 'That's the thing. You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eyes on the prize Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you'.

No comments: